Delicious Baked Penne with Roasted Veggies Recipe
This Baked Penne with Roasted Veggies Recipe is perfect for the fall. Great if you want warm food that is hearty, delicious and filled with veggie goodness. One of our favourites!
Delicious Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced into 1-inch strips
- 2 red peppers, cored and cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 summer squash, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper,
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb mix
- Preheat your oven to 435 degrees F.
- Toss the peppers, onion, zucchini, squash and mushrooms on a baking sheet with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian herb mix. Roast until all vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and cook the pasta for about 5-6 minutes (make sure it is not overcooked since you are cooking it again in the oven). Drain the pasta when done cooking and set aside.
- In a greased oven safe pan, toss the cooked pasta with the roasted vegetables, marinara sauce, peas and half of the cheese. Mix well. Top with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese on top melts, around 20 minutes.
Looking for more easy and delicious recipes and kitchen tips? Click here.