Tanda me Elos: Facial Hair Removal Kit Review
During the summer, I had a chance to review the Tanda me Elos Professional Hair Removal System. I wrote two posts about my experiences with the device and I even made a short video showing it in action. The first post with information on how the Tanda me Elos works is here and the second post with my final thoughts and review is here.
Because it was the middle of the summer and I was outside and getting exposed to the sun on a daily basis (not recommended when using the Tanda me Elos) I had to take a bit of a break from my treatments. I started my treatments again a few weeks ago and I am pleased to report that the reduction in unwanted leg and arm hair I experienced has been permanent. Right now I still have about 30-40% of unwanted hair remaining but I am hoping to see less hair as my treatments continue.
Today, though, I am focusing on the Tanda me facial hair removal kit. I received their facial kit (attachment) and I have been using for over a month.
Removing unwanted hair from the face is very different from removing hair from other parts of the body, the special facial kit attachment is unique and you should not use the body attachments for your face.
The facial kit includes goggles, user guide, eyeliner and the me Facial attachment. The goggles are to be used as protective eyewear to cover your eyes during treatment. The eyeliner is used to conceal delicate areas such as lip edges and facial moles. I found that the application of the pulses (flashes) on the face was very similar to the application on the legs/arms, I was just a bit more careful when treating the upper lip area below the nostrils as those are the most sensitive areas.
My face is also way more sensitive than other parts of my body and I used a lower elos level than the level I used for my legs/arms. The treatment can also be repeated every 2 days if possible per their user guide, I am personally continuing with a 2-week treatment schedule because my skin is extra sensitive.
After 4 treatments I am happy to see smoother facial skin with less unwanted hair. I still see some hair regrowth but the hair is thinner and less noticeable. I am definitively continuing the treatments to experience maximum results. After finding waxing expensive and painful, the Tanda me Elos is a great pain-free alternative for me.
Finally, here are a few precautions that I would like to mention regarding using the facial hair removal attachment (similar to the precautions using the body attachments):
- Sun tan or sun beds are not recommended at least 2 weeks before treatment and exposing your face to sunlight 24 hours after a treatment should be avoided.
- You shouldn’t treat the eyebrow area, this is not an eyebrow shaping tool.
- Don’t treat tattoos or permanent makeup
- Don’t treat if you have undergone any facial treatments such as chemical peel, laser/light/radio frequency treatment or injected dermal fillers within the past 3 moths
- Don’t treat if you have undergone facial surgery within the past 3 months of before complete healing (a more detailed list can be found on the Tanda me User Guide).
Buy it: You can get your own Tanda me Elos on their website HERE for $395 (Face Kit Included).
Disclosure: I received a sample of a product to facilitate my review. All views and opinions stated on this post are 100% my own.
Latest posts by Angela V (see all)
- The Benefits of Opening an RESP For Your Child - August 24, 2015
- Safari Tales: An Animal Adventure Game for Inquisitive Minds - August 21, 2015
- How To Remove Head Lice Without The Use of Chemicals - August 20, 2015