Top 10 Sun Safety Protection Tips!
Summer is officially starting soon and with the beautiful hot days sun safety protection comes to mind. Here is a great list of some Top 10 Sun Safety Tips for you and your family!
- Seek the shade, especially during the sun’s peak hours (10:00am – 2:00pm)
- Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher (preferably with natural/organic ingredients).
- Cover up with clothing, especially a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses.
- Avoid tanning parlors and artificial tanning devices.
- Keep newborns out of the sun.
- Teach children good sun-protective practices.
- Examine your skin from head to toe once every month.
- Have a professional examination annually.
- Avoid tanning and especially – do not burn! (One blistering sunburn doubles your risk for skin cancer.)
- Wear protective clothing like UV Skinz during water play!
UV Skinz is a company that carries high quality sun protection swim wear. In honor of Skin Cancer Awareness Month they are sending a FREE baby swim shirt with every order placed on their website during the Month of May! Hurry up an order before the end of the month and get ready for the summer! Remember to protect yourself and your loved ones and don’t forget to always have FUN!