The Diono RadianRXT Car Seat is a convertible car seat featuring a steel alloy frame, reinforced sidewalls and a SafeStop energy absorbing harness. This car seat comfortably seats rear-facing children from 2,3-20,5 kg (5-45 lbs), forward-facing children from 10-29,5 kg (22-65 lbs), and then converts to a booster for children up to 54 kg (120 lbs).
Diono Radian RXT Main Features:
- Full steel frame and aluminum reinforced sides for unmatched safety
- Comfortably seats rear-facing children from 2.3 – 20.5 kg (5 – 45 lbs), forward-facing children from 10 – 29.5 kg (22 – 65 lbs) and up to 144cm (57″) in a 5-point harness, then converts to a booster for children between 23 – 54 kg (50 – 120 lbs).
- Unique SuperLATCH system that makes installation easy
- Fits 3 across in most mid-size vehicles, folds flat for travel and is FAA certified
- NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam for added comfort
- Energy absorbing EPS foam and side impact protection provides added safety
- SafeStop® energy-absorbing harness
- 12-position adjustable headrest, five shoulder, and three buckle positions deliver a comfortable ride.
- Rear-facing tether capability
- Expandable sides and long seat bottom allow proper leg support
- Low-sitting profile makes it easy for your child to board
- Angled cup holder keeps a variety of drinks upright and within easy reach
- Cover is machine washable
- Rubber bottom grips for no-slip installation
- Ten-year life
- Price: $399.99
Car Seat Installation
For rear-facing installation, you can use either the SuperLATCH system or the vehicle’s seatbelt. When rear-facing the RadianRXT installs with the base that’s included. The recline angle is perfect for infants without head control, and it’s also o.k. for older rear-facing children like our 3 1/2-year-old who still rides rear-facing.
The Radian RXT features a tether system that is required for forward-facing. The nice open belt path that’s behind the cover of the seat allows for easy access to the seatbelt or the SuperLATCH straps to adjust.
The RadianRXT has a heavy steel alloy frame, and aluminum reinforced sides. It also features EPS energy-absorbing foam and a the Safe-Stop energy-absorbing harness. The seat has also been NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions
The RadianRXT features a 5-point-harness from 5-80lbs. It has five different shoulder-height adjustments and three different buckle adjustments. The crotch strap and width of the seating area can be adjusted depending on the size of your child. The harness height can be adjusted at the back of the seat, and you can easily adjust the harness at or below the shoulders for rear-facing children and above for forward-facing.
Something that I LOVE about this car seat is the fact that it isn’t bulky. The RadianRXT is one of the slimmest and least-bulky car seats available on the market. It means that you can fit three of these across the back seats of most vehicles. Not bad for families with several young children.
The RadianRXT also folds flat, which is great for easy storage. Keep in mind that the car seat is pretty heavy though (24lbs). You can still take it with you if you travel and you can purchase an inexpensive carry strap that allows you to wear the car seat like a backpack.
You can use the Radian RXT from birth until 120lbs, making it the only seat you need to purchase for your child. You can also continue rear-facing up to 45lbs as well.
Stow ‘n Go seatback organizer
Diono also offers a selection of great organizational accessories for your vehicle. We have the Stow ‘ n Go seatback organizer and love it. This organizer features seven full-sized pockets and two drink holders in a washable, waterproof fabric. The top fastens around any headrest while the bottom fastens around the seat for a secure fit. Thanks to the Stown ‘n Go the boys keep all of their stuff safety stowed away while on the go and the car is free of garbage and clutter all over the seats and floor.
Win it: One lucky Canadian reader will win a Diono RTX Car Seat ($399.99 value) Enter to WIN via Rafflecopter below. Good luck friends!
Disclosure: I received a sample of a product to facilitate this post. All views and opinions stated in this post are 100% my own.