Baking Soda is a staple in the kitchen and at home and today we are sharing some of our favourite household uses for baking soda besides cooking:
Not just for cooking in the kitchen.Baking Soda removes odours from plastic containers, polishes silver, freshens sponges and stinky sinks, refreshes tea pots, cups and mugs and works great as a fruit and vegetable scrub. It’s also a common deodorizer for fridges and freezers. Changing the box regularly (every 30 days is recommended) helps ensure optimal odour elimination.
- Smelly gear no more. Use Arm & Hammer baking soda to clean and deodorize smelly sports equipment like hockey or camping gear, as well as gym bags.
- Don’t fret about your floors. It helps remove unsightly scuff marks without unwanted scratch marks from tile and no-wax floors. It’s also great at neutralising common household odours and freshens the stale-smelling air in your home.
- Tackles the greasiest of garages. Baking Soda safely cleans your car lights, chrome, windows, tires, vinyl seats and floor mats without you having to worry about unwanted scratch marks. It’s also a great deodorizer for car interiors and camper water tanks and tackles oil and grease stains on your garage floor or driveway.
- Have you tried it in the bathroom? It helps remove the dirt and grime from bathroom tiles or no-wax floors quickly and easily. It’s also effective at cleaning shower curtains, deodorizing drains and wastebaskets, surface-safe cleaning and for septic system care.
- Skin Care and Beauty. Because of the gentle and all natural formula of Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda, it’s a favourite personal hygiene product for many. It can be used as a body and facial scrub, hand cleanser and a refreshing bath soak. It also helps to fight bad breath and body odour and is ideal for washing hair.
- Don’t forget to take it outside. It is a must-have for your next camping trip! It’s a dish and pot scrubber, hand cleanser and deodorant, just to name a few. It also cleans your plastic and vinyl pool toys as well as lawn furniture when it’s time to bring them out for the summer and works wonders on barbecue grills.
Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda has been helping generations of Canadian families cook and clean for decades. For a full list of these 100 uses of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and usage instructions, visit www.armandhammer.ca. You’ll find them under the ‘Solutions’ tab.
We’re offering one lucky Canadian reader the chance to win 12 boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda – one for every month of the year – in celebration of Canada’s 150th anniversary! Share your favourite baking soda secret below in the comments for a chance to win!
Giveaway includes the following Arm & Hammer Baking Soda products:
- Three (3) 250g boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
- Nine (9) 500g boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
Note: Giveaway ends June 23rd. Approximate value: $20- (Open to Canadian residents, 18+)
Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Arm & Hammer . However, all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.