Having a hard time finding toys that are both educational and fun for your toddler? We have put together a list with some tips to help you find great toys that your child will love and will help him learn and grow while he plays!
- First Durability and Safety: When choosing a toy for your child be sure to pick toys that are durable, shatter-proof, easy to clean, age appropriate and safe.
- Creative Play: Look for toys that encourage imaginative and creative play. Getting toys that can be used in a variety of ways help them use their imagination while playing. For example, building blocks, dolls, puppets, play-dough, vehicles and little play people.
- Interactive Toys: Toys that can help develop hand-eye coordination, teach shapes, colours, matching and sorting skills are all great ways for them to learn while they play. Some toys make sounds, have lights or repeat words that can also help with vocabulary and learning cause and effect.
- Active Play: Physical activity helps with child development and motor skills, outdoor toys like tricycles and balls are all great ways to keep your little one active and healthy!
- Long-Term Play Value: Find toys that can be used in many different ways to avoid boredom, if the toy will keep your child’s interest for a long time then it is a must-buy. Toys that can be used by more than one child at the same time are also great for teaching them how to share and take turns.
Playtime is very important and it often sets the foundation for a lifetime of learning!
Win it: Fisher-Price® is offering one of my lucky Canadian readers the chance to WIN a Little People® Animal Friends Farm! ($40 value). This iconic toy has been around since 1978 and it is the perfect example of a fun toy that encourages creative play while helping develop matching and sorting skills. I bought the Little People® Animal Friends Farm for my eldest son when he was a toddler and he played with it all the time, the farm is now being used by my 1-year-old and he LOVES the animal sounds and opening the barn door and gate.
This is a toy that has definitively brought learning and joy to my little ones so I am super excited for one of YOU to win it as well.
Fisher-Price® is also offering great saving coupons during April at Walmart and Toys“R”Us stores. Coupons are available in aisle for $5 off Farm & Home, $10 off any purchase of $55 or more, and $15 off any purchase of $75 or more!
Enter to win below via Rafflecopter. Good Luck!
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Mattel . All views and opinions are my own.