Summer Infant is committed to helping babies sleep safe and sound and they have put together a list of some essential guidelines to help create a safe sleep zone for your little one. They have also expanded their swaddle collection to help babies transition our of swaddles. Check out the list below and more info on their four swaddle stages after that:
- Always place your baby to sleep on his or her back at nap and nighttime.
- Use a wearable blanket or a sleeper instead of blankets.
- Do not dress your baby too warmly for sleep.
- Do not allow anyone to smoke near your baby.
- Do not put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (sofa, chair, waterbed, quilt, blanket, sheepskin, etc).
- Check your crib for safety and use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm, tight-fitting mattress.
Summer Infant has added two new swaddling products to their trusted line – the SwaddleMe WrapSack and the ComfortMe wearable blanket – which extends the progression of stages of swaddling beyond the SwaddleMe. Here’s a breakdown of the different stages for you:
- Stage 1: SwaddlePod (5-10 lbs) Recreate the comfort of the womb.
- Stage 2: SwaddleMe® (7-20 lbs) Easiest way to Swaddle for safe and sound sleep.
- Stage 3: SwaddleMe® WrapSack (7-20 lbs) Transitioning swaddle, arms in or out.
- Stage 4: ComfortMe® (10-24 lbs) Keeps baby warm, and replaces loose blankets in crib.
Win it: One lucky US/CAN OneSmileyMonkey reader will receive a prize package giveaway (girl, boy or neutral patterns) of all four stages of Summer swaddling.
Disclosure: I received a sample of a product to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided and and all views and opinions stated on this post are 100% my