This Baked Penne with Roasted Veggies Recipe is perfect for the fall. Great if you want warm food that is hearty, delicious and filled with veggie goodness. One of our favourites!
- Preheat your oven to 435 degrees F. - Toss the peppers, onion, zucchini, squash and mushrooms on a baking sheet with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian herb mix. Roast until all vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. - Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and cook the pasta for about 5-6 minutes (make sure it is not overcooked since you are cooking it again in the oven). Drain the pasta when done cooking and set aside. - In a greased oven safe pan, toss the cooked pasta with the roasted vegetables, marinara sauce, peas and half of the cheese. Mix well. Top with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese on top melts, around 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Delicious Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 435 degrees F.
- Toss the peppers, onion, zucchini, squash and mushrooms on a baking sheet with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian herb mix. Roast until all vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and cook the pasta for about 5-6 minutes (make sure it is not overcooked since you are cooking it again in the oven). Drain the pasta when done cooking and set aside.
- In a greased oven safe pan, toss the cooked pasta with the roasted vegetables, marinara sauce, peas and half of the cheese. Mix well. Top with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese on top melts, around 20 minutes.
Looking for more easy and delicious recipes and kitchen tips? Click here.
55 Comments on “Delicious Baked Penne with Roasted Veggies Recipe”
That looks very good. It would be nice with all the garden veggies I have. Thanks!
This recipe is so much easier than it looks! Thanks for the instructions and ingredient list. I always wish I could eat meals like this but expect them to be so complicated that I stick to the same bland meals. Will definitely be giving this a try 🙂
This looks yummy. I do like too those Roasted veggie pastas.
That looks really yummy and cheese. I am a huge fan of baked pasta! Will be trying out this recipe soon.
Looks delicious, definitely worth giving it a try. Thank you for sharing.
Looks easy and delicious. Love the recipes, thanks for sharing.
Look really delicious. thank you for sharing
I have tried a few of your recipe’s and they are delicious! Going to try this on Sunday, looks so tasty , thanks for sharing!
Drooling-I love roasted veggies
This is a very easy recipe and my family loves pasta so this will good for me to make
love all the veggies in this! can’t wait to try it 🙂
This looks sooo good! Weill have to tr4y it
this looks so good and so dang easy ty for posting
Love this sort of food (except for the zucchini)
This looks delicious! The cheesier the better. This is the kind of comfort food that we gravitate toward in the winter. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This looks so delicious!!! I will try to make it this good looking!!! Thanks for sharing your awesome recipes!!!
looks realllove th
meant to say looks really good. love all the veggies in it.
wow this looks so good!! definitly going to be trying out this recipe. thank you
Love vegetables and will love to try it for family dinner
Was going to make lasagna to bring for Thanksgiving, but I might have to try this instead ;o) OMG So awesome. Thanks.
I’ve never tried any baked penne before, sounds like I’ll have to. It really looks good, I’m not a big fan of zucchine and squash so I’d probably find substitutes for them.
November 3-My mother baked pasta in the oven many years and it was my favourite dish. She always made it for me on my birthday. I will have to try this as it sounds very delicious and healthy.
My son loves pasta and contains veggies too
That looks really good. I love baked pasta.
Love vegetables and will love to try it for family dinner…
I love this type of penne rcipe with squash and zuccinni .How can you go wrong with all these delicious veggies in it and cheese and sauce.I can’t wait to try this.
This looks amazing! I can not wait to make it!
This looks and sounds so yummy!! Cant wait to try it, Thank you!!
that looks amazing!
This looks amazing!! I can’t wait to try!
This looks delish , a must try i love pasta thanks for sharing 🙂
This looks so delicious and I love all the vegetables in it.This recipe is going into my favorites file.I love the recipes that you post!!
Mmmmm pasta, looks super delicious and nutritious
I love pasta,surprised its so easy to make
Could totally go for this today. We need a good comfort food on this cold, rainy, windy, miserable day. My guys would be pretty happy with it too 🙂
I am always looking for a great penne recipe.This one is going into my favorites file.It looks so delicious that I can’t wait to make it for the family.Thank you.
We love baked pasta dishes and this one looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Yummy, this sounds so good! My grandkids love roasted veggies because of the sweetness that comes with the caramelization! Great recipe!
I would love to make this for my family. It looks delish.
I made this last night and it was a huge hit. Usually I make a baked ziti, but this is a nice way to switch it up and make a healthier version.
This will be a warm welcome after all those holiday meals
Can’t wait to try it, I love having squash and zucchini in pasta, it’s so good!
I think I will try this Baked Penne with Roasted Veggies recipe. I love pasta and cheese and adding the vegetables makes this recipe a winner for me and my family. Thank you for this recipe.
This is one my grandsons favorite dish
SO I made this last night and it is fantastic!! Thanks for it!
My neice loved it but picked out the peppers
I cooked mine a bit to long the pasta on top was too hard,will try again soon it was delicious
This looks delicious and I like the ingredients
Pasta is one of my favorite foods, so I’m always looking for new recipes. I love all of the veggies used!
Having taken another look at this recipe, I think that I could just omit the zucchini and squash because there is a lot in there, even without them.
This does look so good, and good for you! I’m instantly reminded of when I was a teen and would babysit, my neighbor always said I could help myself to anything in the refrigerator. My fav was baked penne. I think my neighbor must have regretted inviting me to her refrigerator some times!