Today I am sharing an easy and delicious Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki Recipe. If you also jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon and got yourself one or received one from Christmas then this recipe is a must try.
I ended up getting an Instant Pot on sale during Black Friday last year and it was a great investment. So far I have been using it lots and making lots of healthy meals for our family. I have also been buying less canned items and pre-made bottled sauces and making my own from scratch.
I love that the Instant Pot allows me to make one pot meals with less mess to clean after and things are cooked fast. I can start dinner a bit later in the evening and often within 30 minutes I have a delicious and healthy meal on the table.
This Insta Pot Teriyaki Chicken is full of flavour and the chicken comes out tender and delicious. Full recipe below.
Easy and Delicious Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- half a cup of green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- For after, don't mix with sauce yet
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
1. Combine all teriyaki sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Don't mix the cornstarch and water yet.
2. Turn on the Instant Pot and select sauté mode. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and brown the chicken, about 3 minutes per side.
3. Add the teriyaki sauce mixture, cover and lock the lid. Cook in manual mode for 20 minutes. Once the 20 minutes are done turn off the pot and allow it to release pressure naturally.
4. Mix the cornstarch and cold water in a cup, dissolve and add it to sauce in the pot.
5. Turn on the Instant Pot and select sauté mode, mix well for a few minutes, add water if too thick.
6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, if desired. Serve over rice.