If you want to know the easiest way to make popcorn then you have to learn how to make popcorn in a brown paper bag in the microwave.
It is so simple!
A good friend taught me this method a while ago and I love it, no need to get chemical and preservative filled store-bought microwave popcorn bags anymore. I even have a fancy popcorn machine that is collecting dust somewhere in the garage now.
How to Make Popcorn in a Brown Paper Bag in the Microwave
O.k., and all you need is some popcorn kernels, a microwave, and a brown paper lunch bag! Easy!
1/3 cup of popcorn kernels
(optional) 1 tbsp butter and a pinch of salt
1 lunchbox-sized brown paper bag
- Measure 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels and put them inside the brown paper bag.
- Fold the top of the bag over a few times to seal it. Ensure the bag is sealed properly to avoid the kernels spilling out when popping.
- Now put the bag in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until you hear the popping slowing down. Timing depends on your microwave so be sure to watch the whole time when microwaving your popcorn. If you leave it for too long you risk the paper bag catching on fire. I've made popcorn regularly using this method and I've never had it happen but I have always been watching and stop the microwave as soon as the popping slows.
- Wait for the popping to stop completely, open the bag carefully and serve.
- (Optional) Top with melted butter and salt.
Have you ever made popcorn using a brown paper bag in your microwave? What’s your favourite popcorn seasoning?