Lately, I’ve been cooking lots of Mexican and Indian dishes for dinner. There is a nice comfort feeling that comes with cooking meals from those two cuisines and it has been perfect for the winter.
Since I am feeding two young boys, I don’t make anything too hot or spicy, so it is all about playing with the flavours and condiments to make tasty flavourful meals that the entire family will enjoy.
Today I am sharing my easy recipe for Chicken Fajitas. We serve them on tortilla wraps with some lettuce, refried beans, sour cream, cheese and avocado and the boys love them. The boys often eat two full wraps each!
Super Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
1. Mix the lemon juice and all the marinade seasonings above in a resealable plastic bag, add the chicken, turn to coat and marinate overnight in the refrigerator. 2. Add oil to a large skillet, saute the onions, and the green and red pepper for 2-4 minutes until crisp-tender. Remove from heat and put aside. 3. In the same skillet, cook the chicken (discard marinade before cooking). Cook on medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes. Check internal temperature to ensure it is fully cooked. Once it's cooked add the peppers and onions to the pan and continue to heat through. 4. Serve on a tortilla with beans, lettuce, cheese, sour cream and avocado. Enjoy!
Super Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
For the marinade:
For Cooking the Chicken with:
For the wraps:
1. Mix the lemon juice and all the marinade seasonings above in a resealable plastic bag, add the chicken, turn to coat and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Add oil to a large skillet, saute the onions, and the green and red pepper for 2-4 minutes until crisp-tender. Remove from heat and put aside.
3. In the same skillet, cook the chicken (discard marinade before cooking). Cook on medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes. Check internal temperature to ensure it is fully cooked. Once it's cooked add the peppers and onions to the pan and continue to heat through.
4. Serve on a tortilla with beans, lettuce, cheese, sour cream and avocado.
40 Comments on “Super Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe”
Those look good!
Made something similar before, delicious! I haven’t had it in a while
These look so good – thank you! I like making fajitas without using those pre-packed taco seasonings 🙂
I have never put my own spices together for Chicken Fajitas. This looks awesome.
seriously doesnt matter what time of the day it is I could always go for fajitas! one of my go to dishes
Love how easy this recipe looks!
I do like this idea but I’d have to leave out most of the spices since I’m too sensitive to them, or perhaps just put in a 1/4 of each.
These looks so good i just have to try them.
This looks amazing! I need to make homemade fajitas more!
I will have to make this recipe. I love finding recipes that uses spices that I have on hand. Sounds like a great marinade:
This looks like an awesome recipe and I like your combination of ingredients. My husband I love food like this but the one thing I do different is the peppers, I don’t cook them I keep them fresh but I want to try it your way. Thanks for the recipe !
I’ve only ever had beef but this looks so good – minus the refried beans, which I have never acquired a taste for, lol.
I am definitely a fan of fajitas. Grilled veggies and meat, salsa, whole wheat tortillas – very healthy and popular meal at our house.
Ummmmmmm, I love fajitas they’re a terrific healthy family meal because they’re easy to customize.
We used to make these quite often, with individual bowls with meat, sour cream, peppers, salsa, green onions and grated cheese. This was one way to ensure that the kids all ate well. 🙂
This looks delicious and easy to make!
Fajitas are so easy to make for weekday dinners & I love how each family member can customize it to their own liking! These look good!
I love Fajitas, with so many options they’re perfect for the entire family! Thx very much for the great recipe.
I love fajitas my mom usually makes them about once or twice a month and this is making me hungry lol 🙂
Mmmmm this looks so very good, I love stuff like this, but hubby does not so i don’t make it to often!
I do like the look of this, though I must admit that I prefer my bell peppers uncooked.
This looks good My family loves fajitas so versitile and healthy
Thanks Fajitas are a family favourite all year long
Just saw this recipe, I haven’t made fajitas in a long time. They are sooo good.
This looks delicious. I really like that it is fast and easy to make. Great for a lunchtime snack.
Love chicken fajitas and this is a great recipe.
We really enjoy wraps and this recipe looks fantastic.It is a must try. Pinning this one for later.
These are so good, made with Jackfruit instead of chicken.
Great recipe, my kids love chicken fajitas! We are going to try this out!
These look wonderful. Fajitas are my favourite.
One of our family favorites!
This looks delicious. I love how healthy it is too!
Nothing better than fajitas and a salad for a weekend meal.
I love everything in this recipe.
I have been craving these and am so happy to have found this recipe to make them at home. Thank you.
I’m going to make these tomorrow but substitute the chicken for Jackfruit.
Loving all your Mexican inspired cooking ideas – this is right up my sons alley – I will add this one to the list – we have now tried 3 of your recipes ALL hits
Yum! This looks like a quick and tasty recipe to add to our dinner line up.
Great recipe! Love Chicken fajitas!