We are excited to celebrate Earth Day this month, and we are sharing some easy ways to make your laundry routine more sustainable below. Remember that even small changes can make a big difference.
By modifying and adopting more eco-friendly laundry habits, you can reduce your environmental impact on the planet. Start by visiting tide.ca/clean pledge to take the Tide purclean Sustainable Laundry Pledge. For each pledge received, Tide purclean will donate $5 to support WWF-Canada’s Count For Nature movement up to $15,000
How to Make Your Laundry Routine More Sustainable
- Wash all your clothes with cold water: Switching to cold water is an easy way to save electricity.
- Do full loads of laundry only: Run your laundry machine when you have a full load, filling up your washing machine with water requires energy, don’t waste energy by doing partial loads
- Don’t over-wash or over-dry clothes: Gently worn clothes don’t need to go on a long cycle, choose speed wash if available. Take your clothes out of the dryer while they are still slightly damp to reduce the need for ironing.
- Clean the dryer lint filter after every load: Your washer’s lint-free filter improves air circulation and quickens drying, a clogged filter means more time is needed for your clothes to dry and the risk of a home fire.
- Use an energy-saving HE washer and quick cycle: On average, HE machines can use 3x less water and deliver 65% energy savings.
- Use a detergent free of dyes, chlorine, phosphates, ethanolamine and optical brighteners: We use Tide purclean because it is 65% renewable and it contains plant-based ingredients. Tide purclean is free of dyes, chlorine, phosphates, ethanolamine and optical brighteners and it is certified by the USDA BioPreferred program. Perfect for sensitive skin and gentle enough for baby clothes, we love the unscented version that is free of perfumes as well.
- #CleanPledge #CA
Disclosure: This has been a sponsored conversation, and I received free product samples. However, all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.