Looking for a fun family activity to do in downtown Vancouver this holiday season? The Robson Square’s outdoor skating rink is now open until Feb 29, 2020. We had the chance to stop by last week as my eldest son had a field trip with his class and it was so much fun, I can’t believe we have never been ice skating there before.
Located right in the heart of downtown Vancouver at 800 Robson St, the Ice Rink and Plaza is a truly magical place perfect for children and adults alike. Skating is FREE but there is a fee of $5.00 for skates and helmet rentals.
They also offer a school program for grades 4-7. They can sign up for free skating and get free skate and helmet rentals, this is only available Mon-Fri so check with them to see availability.
Hours of Operation:
- Sunday to Thursday: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Friday and Saturday: 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Christmas Eve (December 24th): 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Christmas Day (December 25th): 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Boxing Day (December 26th): 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- New Year’s Eve (December 31st): 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- New Year’s Day (January 1st): 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
More details HERE
Some video from our experience here:
Have you been ice skating at Robson Square before? When was the last time you skated?