Sometimes, getting a cold or the flu is inevitable. Your kids may have brought a bug home from school or you picked up something while sweating it out at the gym. You can get a virus anywhere! Just right now I have a little one at home with severe asthma and a cough. The struggle is real!
For those times when we do succumb to sickness, we must remember to keep germs to ourselves so we don’t continue the never-ending circle-of-sickness. Check out our “sick-etiquette” tips below to ensure that even if you do get sick you won’t be passing the virus to everyone around.
- Stay home if you are sick. If you have a bad cold or the flu please stay home, if possible take the day off work and keep sick little ones at home. Try to take the time to off to recover, your body surely needs it! Don’t take your child to school or indoor playgrounds either. I try to keep my boys at home whenever they are sick.
- Wash your hands a lot: Keep washing your hands, especially after blowing your nose or touching your mouth/nose. Teach your little ones to wash their hands as well.
- Disinfect highly transited areas: Use disinfecting wipes to keep your desk/work area clean from germs at work and door handles at home. I always keep a pack of disinfecting wipes in my purse, ready to use when needed.
- Discard dirty tissues: Don’t leave dirty tissues lying around, they are gross and can spread your cold. Teach your little ones to put them in the garbage after using them as well.
- Get the flu vaccine: Get vaccinated because prevention is key. You can get your vaccination at your local Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy, with no appointment necessary! We get ours there every year and it is part of our yearly prevention plan. With children suasthmag of ashtma, it is a must for our family.
Do you try to stay at home when you are sick? Do you keep your children home if they are sick?
Win it: One lucky Canadian reader will win a gift basket filled with products from Shoppers Drug Mart including:
- Life Brand Hand Sanitizer
- Life Brand Cough Drops
- Life Brand Vaporizing Cold Rub
- Life Brand Electrolyte Maintenance Powder
- Life Brand Vaporizer
- Life Brand Digital Thermometer
- No Name Disinfectant Wipes
- PC Chicken Noodle Soup
- PC Facial Tissues
- PC Feeling Soothed Tea
- $100 gift card
Gift Basket Value: $160
Enter to WIN via Rafflecopter below. Good Luck all!
Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Shoppers Drug Mart as part of the #ShoppersFlu campaign. However, all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.