This comforting dish is always a crowd pleaser, including the kids. The spicy chili marinated strips of chicken pair beautifully with the buttery shitake mushrooms and squash. The fish sauce helps pull the flavours together and make the dish pop.
So easy to make too, enjoy!
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) Thai Kitchen Spicy Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Canola Oil
- 3 medium shallots, sliced thin
- 2 cups (500 mL) Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 175 g (6 oz) peeled and diced butternut squash
- 115 g (4 oz) shiitake mushrooms quartered
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
1. Cut each chicken breast into 6 diagonal slices (with the grain). Put into a bowl with the Spicy Thai chili sauce and marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 24.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the chicken slices, stir-frying them for two minutes. Add the shallot slices and stir-fry for 1 or 2 minutes more.
3. Add the chicken or vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the diced squash and quartered mushrooms, cover the pan, and continue cooking for 5 minutes at a gentle simmer.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and uncover. Add the fish sauce, adding more if seasoning requires adjusting. Garnish with fresh cilantro, lime and serve with jasmine rice.
WIN GREAT PRIZES
The Thai Kitchen Canada’s Season 2 #TKEveryday Recipe Challenge is on! My Braised Chicken recipe (above) was picked as a fan favourite from the first round of votes. Now you can help make it the overall winner in the Canada vote round!
And the exciting part for you is that every time you vote YOU are eligible to WIN great prizes. Prizes include:
Traeger Lil’ Tex Elite Smoker ($1000.00 retail value)
- Including 1 bag of Premium Traeger Wood Pellets
- Including Custom-Fit Hydrotuff Cover
Gordon Ramsay Maze sets ($1500.00 retail value):
- 11pc Cookware Set
- 14pc Knife Block Set
- 7pc Oven to Tableware Set
Marvel Beverage Refrigerator ($2000 retail value)
- The highest energy efficiency, best cooling precision and maximum store versatility on the market
Voting is easy. Visit the Thai Kitchen website DAILY to cast your vote and to enter to WIN!
Thanks for all the votes!!!
Disclosure: This challenge and post has been made possible by Thai Kitchen Canada. Recipe creations and opinions are my own.