The cold winter is behind us and there is no better time than now to spring clean your vehicle! Perfect time to get it all cleaned up and ready for the summer ahead.
So get your rubber gloves out; here are some helpful tips for car spring cleaning:
1) Say goodbye to salt-stained carpets: After a long winter, your car’s carpets are likely to have white stains from road salt. Remove them by using water mixed with white vinegar and scrub the tough stains with an old rag or brush.
2) Wax every season: Each winter season, your car’s paint colour is dulled by the elements and picks up scratches, so keep it looking clean and new with a liquid spray wax.
3) Out with the dirt in with the clean: Get out your vacuum to suck up all the dirt and dust in the small corners of your vehicle. Remember to put your seats down to get between the cracks and also vacuum all the cup holders throughout your vehicle as these areas collect dirt, too!
4) It’s called washing your car, not your dishes: Never use dish soap to clean your vehicle as it will dull and scratch the protective clear coat off your car. Try using Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner.
5) Put a break on your brake dust: Get rid of that reddish, brown coloured powder on your wheels caused by normal brake wear. Wipe down your wheels with a cleaning solution safe for alloy wheels (available at any hardware store) and address those hard-to-reach places in between the wheel’s spokes with a scrub brush or rag.
6) Take a load off: Do you use your car as a storage unit? Be sure to empty out your trunk and back seats of all your winter build up. Removing unnecessary weight also improves fuel efficiency and your car’s handling!
7) What’s happening under the hood? Cars need a ‘medical’ check-up, too! Every spring, it is a good idea to take your vehicle in for a quick under-the-hood inspection and get an oil change, filter replacement and tire rotation.
8) Freshen up: After you are finished cleaning your car, add your favourite smelling air freshener to keep your car smelling clean and fresh all spring and summer!
Do you spring clean your car every year?
To kick start your vehicle spring cleaning, Hyundai Canada is offering a fun giveaway (valued at over $50) for my Canadian readers –
The ultimate spring cleaning kit for your car, including:
- Scrub brushes
- Turtle Wax ICE Synthetic Spray Wax
- Meguiar’s Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner
- Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash
- Air Fresheners
Disclosure: “I am part of the Hyundai Drive Squad program, a program that offers the chance to test drive Hyundai vehicles, and provide vehicle tips and tricks for the road, as well as the inside scoop to some of Hyundai’s amazing initiatives. From cleaning, to safety, to fun activities, and giving back to the community.” @HyundaiCanada #HyundaiDriveSquad