Spring and “hay fever” season is upon us and while I eagerly welcome the warmer temperatures I also fear the onset of allergy season!
Fortunately there are many ways to combat pollen transfer into our homes. Here is a short list of 6 tips from Hoover to help you stop allergy aggravation where it starts:
- Keep windows closed during peak pollen periods
- Suck up pollen, dander and dust. Vacuuming is far more effective than sweeping at eliminating airborne particles – don’t forget spaces above cabinets, the tops of picture frames, wainscoting, windowsills, and baseboards.
- Limit outdoor activity on high pollen index days (ratings available through your local news provider or The Weather Network)
- Keep pollen build-up at bay by washing bedding every week in hot water
- Wash pets regularly to decrease the amount of pollen that is tracked into your home by frisky pets
- Keep family pets off furniture and remove them from bedrooms, as much as possible to avoid dander deposits
I was recently sent a Hoover WindTunnel® Air™ Bagless Upright vacuum to try out and to help me keep my home free of allergens.
The WindTunnel® Air™ Bagless Upright vacuum is lightweight, easy to store and super powerful! I was amazed by the vacuum’s suction strength and how I didn’t have to strain my back to clean my floors anymore.
I really like that the WindTunnel® Air™ actually traps the dirt inside the vacuum instead of scattering it or blowing it back onto my floors, it is also bagless and it features high quality HEPA filtration to trap 99.97% of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3microns!
I personally love the 30-foot long power cord that allows me to vacuum everywhere without having to plug and unplug the vacuum a dozen of times when using it.
The power controls are also right at my fingertips on the handle so there’s no need to bend down to find the off/on switch which is handy. Also the adjustable handle makes it easy to find the perfect height that fits YOU!
I really love my Hoover WindTunnel® Air™ Bagless Upright vacuum and I am thrilled that it makes my daily cleaning routine much more efficient. I appreciate having more time to spend with my family everyday, thank you Hoover!
- Only 12.4 pounds – the lightest Hoover® full-size bagless upright available – easy to use
- WindTunnel® Technology – removes embedded dirt** and minimizes blowback or scatter
- Quick Fit™ Hose – one-touch releases handle for easy attachment to hose so you can
- Intuitive Power Controls – conveniently positioned where they should be – right at your
- Brushroll Shut-Off – automatically turns off when vacuum is put in upright position
- Fabulous Filtration – multi-cyclonic filtration system, rinsable filter and a high-quality filter made with HEPA media. HEPA media traps 99.97% of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3microns.
- Carry Handle – on top of dirt cup so you can easily lift the lightweight vacuum for moving up or down stairs
- 30′ Power Cord – vacuum a large room without re-plugging
- Clear Nozzle with No Scuff Bumper – protects furniture and baseboards from scuffing and allows you to see Hoover® WindTunnel® technology in action
- Deep Recline Handle – lets machine recline flat to clean under furniture
- Limited 2-year warranty
- 3-in-1 Combination Tool
- 30″ Extension Wand – extends reach of the hose
- Crevice Tool – helps clean nooks and crannies
- Upholstery/Dusting Brush – helps get furniture clean
- 8′ Stair Hose – Attaches to the Quick Fit™ hose for 12 feet of cleaning reach on stairs without carrying your vacuum
Win it: One very lucky Canadian reader will win a brand new WindTunnel® Air™ Bagless Upright vacuum from Hoover (MSRP $199.00). Enter to win it by using the Rafflecopter form below. This vacuum would make a wonderful Mother’s Day gift! Good Luck Everyone!
Disclosure: I received a sample of a product to facilitate this post. No other compensation was provided and all views and opinions stated on this post are 100% my own.