Think traditional pasta salad is boring and you would never bring one to a BBQ or potluck–think again! My Bacon, Tomato Pasta Salad with Avocado Dressing has tons of flavour and the dressing has avocados, lime and cilantro which give it an unexpected and fun kick! Bring this to your next function and I bet you will get asked for the recipe!
HOMEGROWN TOMATOES + AVOCADO DRESSING = AMAZING FLAVOUR!!
- 375 gram package of fusilli or rotini
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked, crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced thinly
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 medium, ripe avocado
- 1 fresh lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Epicure Guacamole Seasoning OR 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup buttermilk (don't have buttermilk--follow this tip to make your own)
- salt to taste
To make dressing
Process all dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth.
To make Salad
Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Drain and run under cold water.
Combine all ingredients with the dressing in a large bowl. Refrigerate 1-2 hours to let the flavours develop.
Store leftovers refrigerated up to two days.
Looking for another amazing summer salad to bring to a potluck–try my Watermelon Feta Salad (on my blog Frugalista Mamas).