My youngest son and I both love chocolate and baking from scratch. So making a delicious chocolate cake is always a favourite!
Today I am sharing a recipe for a Delicious and Simple No Eggs, Vegan Chocolate Cake.
We had my in-laws visiting a couple of weeks ago, and my mother in law made this simple, super moist chocolate cake recipe with my youngest one rainy afternoon. I absolutely loved the simplicity of it, the fact that it is mixed and baked all in the same pan, with no extra mess, and that it doesn’t contain eggs. If you are vegan, this recipe is for you.
What would replace eggs in this vegan recipe? Instead of using eggs for this recipe, we are using vinegar and baking soda. A great substitute if you don’t want to use any eggs. I love that the cake is still rich and moist, and no eggs are needed.
This cake is dark, and chocolatey and perfect for drinking with a tall glass of almond milk. Yum!
The kids love putting chocolate chips on our cake too. For this, you can use vegan chocolate chips.
Most of the ingredients in the cake are staples you should already have in your pantry, so this makes the recipe a straightforward one to make. No fancy extra ingredients are needed. I swear this cake is so moist and rich and delicious. You’ll be saving this recipe to make again!
Delicious and Simple No Eggs – Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of flour (sifted - optional)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of sugar
- 5 tbsp of cooking oil (you can also replace with coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1/2 a cup of vegan chocolate chips (optional)
1. Grease an 8x8 inch square cake pan. Set the oven to 350F.
2. Sift the flour onto the pan.
3. Add all the dry ingredients, except chocolate chips (if using). Mix well.
4. Make 3 holes in the dry mixture, pour oil in the first, then vanilla extract in the next, and finally vinegar in the last one.
4. Now pour the cup of cold water over everything and beat with a spoon until you can't see the dry flour anymore.
5. Add the chocolate chips and mix well (if using).
6. Put in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 350F.
7. Insert a toothpick into the centre of the cake, bake until it comes out dry.
For baking time, I left it in the oven for 35-40 minutes, and this is often how long it takes for me to bake completely. So always make sure to check the cake by inserting a toothpick in the centre to ensure it has cooked completely, and leave it in the oven for extra time if the toothpick is still coming out wet.
This is a delicious vegan cake, and even though we are not vegan, we enjoyed it so much! The level of richness is incredible. You don’t have to be vegan to enjoy this.
I had to share this too, don’t I have the best little helper in the kitchen?!
So moist and delicious! A must-try, even if you are not a vegan!
That was it! So simple and delicious! I will love to hear your thoughts if you end up making the cake as well. Let me know how it went and what you think about the recipe. Share in the comments below.