Today I am sharing an easy and delicious Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole Recipe that is a hit at home.
I love making casseroles; they are hearty, filled with goodness, and everyone enjoys a good casserole.
I love this casserole because I can make it with leftover rice and cooked chicken or turkey, and it easily elevates your leftovers.
You can also cook the rice and chicken from scratch. I recommend you make the rice first, then after that is cooked, start with the rest of the recipe. Wild rice takes a bit longer to cook than basmati rice, so starting the rice earlier is important.
If you are cooking the rice and chicken on the same day, you can get some pretty good leftovers. I love making recipes that leave me with leftovers. Less cooking after is always a win!
You can shred the chicken or turkey if you want, but I love having the chunkier cubed chicken in ours. So it depends on your preference.
This is also a great recipe to make if you have company over and want a simple but delicious dish.
Benefits of Wild Rice.
Did you know that wild rice has powerful antioxidant and lipid-lowering properties? I love adding wild rice to our diet because it is also a rich source of dietary fibre. And if you worry about your cholesterol, adding dietary fibre can help you lower it!
O.k. Friends, here it is, the easiest, yummiest casserole I make at home. I would love for you to try it and let me know what you think.
Easy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups of long-grain and wilde rice mix (cooked)
- 3 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 2 tbls of butter
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 1 can of condensed chicken soup or cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of cooking white wine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fresly snipped basil
- Cook the rice according to direction in the package.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat and cook the chicken until no longer pink.
- Add celery and onion and saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, white wine, and basil, stir.
- Add the cooked rice and chicken and mix well.
- Transfer to an ungrease baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parmessan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered.
Love adding lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Ready to go in the oven now.
Coming out of the oven! Look at the nicely browned cheese. So delicious!
This is one of my favourite casserole recipes!
I will love to hear your thoughts if you have a chance to make this recipe. Could you share them below?