I love making recipes with lots of vegetables in them. My boys are super picky, and getting them to eat vegetables is always a big goal for me when making dinners.
Enter this delicious and easy to make Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables Recipe.
This recipe is filled with vegetables, and my kids love it because it has pasta and cheese. Win-win for all!
I usually buy a marinara sauce jar, but you can make your own if you want.
For the butternut squash, I find it so hard to cut/peel, so I usually buy the frozen cubed butternut squash, put it in a microwave-safe dish, microwave for 2 minutes, and it is ready to roast.
You can also get creative with the veggies you use for this. You can pick your favourites.
The result is a delicious cheese, comfort food meal that the entire family will enjoy. Of course, my kids ask for seconds every single time!
Delicious Baked Penne with Roasted Veggies Recipe
Delicious Baked Penne with Roasted Veggies Recipe
A cheesy, comfort food meal that your entire family will love. Filled with lots of veggies.
- 2 zucchinis, quartered and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1" cubes ( or 3 cups of thawed, frozen butternut squash cubes)
- 2 cups of sliced white mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced into 1" pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (cut into chunks)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs dried Italian herb mix
- 1 bag penne past
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups grated cheese mix (parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss all the vegetables (zucchinis, peppers, squash, mushrooms, onion) with olive oil, 1tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and dried herbs. Lay on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 min or until soft.
- While the vegetables are roasting, boil salted water on a large pot over high heat. Add the penne pasta and cook for 6 minutes. Drain in a colander. ( The inside of the pasta should still be hard, as you will continue cooking it in the oven). Set aside.
- Transfer the drained penne pasta to a large bowl, and toss with the roasted vegetables, add the marinara sauce, peas, cheese, 1tsp salt, 1tsp pepper, 2 cups of cheese, and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Grease a 13 Inch x 9 Inch roast pan and pour the pasta mix into it. Top with the remaining cheese, and butter pieces.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden and fully melted.
The kids always ask for seconds of this meal, and I love that they get to enjoy a variety of vegetables in a delicious meal.
So easy to make and delicious!
I will love to know your thoughts if you end up making this. Share them in the comments below.
40 Comments on “Delicious Baked Penne with Roasted Veggies Recipe”
Love this recipe. My family would enjoy this dish!
This looks so delicious. I froze a whole lot of beet greens last year and they cook up like spinach. Do you think it would work in this recipe?
Ohh I would think so. If you do make it, please come back and report here 🙂 would love to know how it works out!
Love Pasta recipes and this looks really delicious.
This looks absolutely delicious! I am so excited to give it a try. bookmarked 🙂
I really enjoy pasta dishes and this one looks so delicious. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Yes. This is a dish my family would enjoy. I will save it.
This looks so delicious! And healthy.
This recipe looks delicous. Can hardly wait to give it a try. Thanks.
Yum! This recipe sounds delicious! I’ll have to make it gluten and dairy free.
I tried this with vegetables I had frozen from my garden lots of pepper, and onions and carrots I still had in my cold room Delicious !!
Looks healthy, hearty and yummy
I love when stuff looks easy enough that even I can make it! Plus I love getting all those veggies in such a tasty way.
This recipe sounds delicious.Thanks for sharing. I am planning to try this .
Yum! Looks so good.
Oh my goodness that looks sooooooooooo good, thx very much for the recipe!
Will have to make this recipe for my wife sometime.
a delish healthy treat
Roasting vegetables really bring out the flavour
Yum! Your photos make me want to try this dish asap!
This recipes looks delicious I love roasted vegetables
Thanks for sharing. I’m making a list for Fall and I’m so looking forward to trying this recipe!
Wow! I had to save this one. This is the kind of dish that I would love!
This looks so delicious,I love pasta dishes. Thanks for sharing!
Looks and sounds delicious will have to try out this recipe minus the mushrooms my daughter is allergic.
This looks like the perfect fall recipe. I like roasted veggies.
I love the colors of the veggies in this dish It looks flavorful and delicious
Ooo this looks delicious! **Adding to my shopping list!!!**
looks delish!my family would love this!
This is now saved. Hubby and I will be making this soon.
That dish looks delicious. I have to try it soon.
I love pasta dishes as so easy to add any veggies on hand to them and the kids love it no matter what.
I love making pasta dishes with vegetables This looks so tasty
Love all the veggies jam packed into this….minus the mushrooms…lol
this recipe is great I used a lot of veggies from my garden.
This looks like a delicious hearty meal. Thanks for sharing, pinning for later!
This looks like it came out of a restaurant! I’m going to have to try this. 💝
This looks so colorful and delicious. I love pasta dishes with lots of yummy vegetables in it.
This casserole looks so tasty and perfect for the winter months.
I love pasta dishes and this one looks so good! I love that you can “hide” the veggies in it making it nutritious but also child friendly!