What do you do on a Sunday, when it’s dark and rainy outside, and you are stuck at home with a “no travel outside of your neighbourhood” order?
Yes! We have been baking lots, and today we made the most delicious Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins.
They are super easy to make too! I had the best little helper with me in the kitchen, and I love when he helps out when I am baking.
After they are done, get them out of the oven, top them with some fresh butter and …
You have to take your time with sifting if you want to make sure everything is nicely mixed and you are breaking any lumps in the flour.
The batter is all ready now to go into the greased muffin tray.
- 2 1/2 cups of cake and pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 stick of butter / 1/2 cup of corn oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of real vanilla
1. Start by sifting all of the dry ingredients together in a big bowl. Take your time sifting to get rid of any lumps in the flour and dry ingredients.
2. Grease your muffin tray and turn the oven on to 400F.
3. Melt and brown butter slightly over medium heat.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, butter, eggs.
5. Push the dry ingredients to the walls of the big bowl to make a well in the centre, and pour the liquid mix into the well. Mix well together quickly.
6. Add the blueberries and mix well.
7. Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Out of the oven. So perfect, and that smell you guys. Glorious!
You can enjoy one or two with some butter on top. To die for!
Do you like blueberry muffins? They are a favourite here!
I will love your thoughts if you have a chance to use this recipe! Leave all your comments below.
And if you loved it, feel free to share it with friends and loved ones xo.