If you ask my boys about their favourite foods, spaghetti with ground beef is in their top favourites. I can guarantee the boys will clean their dishes and even ask for seconds when we make our Spaghetti Sauce with Ground Beef recipe for dinner.
This is one of my favourite recipes to make at home because it is a fast and easy meal to prepare and it tastes really good. Comfort food at its best.
See the full recipe below.
Easy And Delicious Spaghetti Sauce with Ground Beef Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large can diced tomatoes (28 oz , fire roasted even better)
- 1 small can tomato sauce (14 oz)
- 1 smal can tomato paste (6 oz)
- ¼ teaspoon chilli pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Brown the beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until just cooked brown. Drain off the excess fat.
2. Add the onions, garlic and pepper and saute with the meat until the onions are soft and translucent.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients, stir well and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to simmer and cook for around 30 minutes.
Cook your past as directed but follow these important steps:
1. Once the pasta is done DO NOT DRAIN. Take a cup of the pasta water and mix it into the pasta sauce.
2. Take a cup of cold water and put it into the pasta pot (this will stop any remaining cooking).
3. Serve the pasta using tongs to pull up the noodles form the pot of water and hold them to drip dry before plating.
Liberally scoop on some of the pasta sauce and then top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.