Do you include Honey Dijon Mustard in your family’s diet? We eat a lot of salads and often use Maille Honey Dijon Mustard for our vinaigrettes and grilled vegetable marinade. We introduced a variety of different mustards into the boy’s diets early on, but they really took to the sweet, tangy flavour of Maille’s Honey Dijon. I also love that Honey Dijon has many health benefits that make it easy for me to introduce new, unfamiliar foods to my two sons at the dinner table, perfect when introducing new vegetables!
Below I am sharing five reasons for you to consider including Honey Dijon mustard in your own family’s diet as well.
- Honey Dijon Mustard is filled with nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, fiber, protein, magnesium, iron and calcium.
- Honey Dijon Mustard can help enhance flavour in your meals. You can simply add a spoonful while cooking your meats and veggies by marinating or glazing, and you can even use Honey Dijon in desserts!
- When creating vinaigrettes, Honey Dijon Mustard acts as a binding agent between olive oil and vinegar, giving it a delicious, smooth texture.
- Honey Dijon can act as an emulsifier instead of high-fat ingredients such as butter or cream in sauces. You can add it to Greek yogurt to create a yummy sauce or dip.
- Diverse eating habits tend to lead to healthier children, getting little ones used to new flavours can help develop their palate. Honey Dijon Mustard can make vegetables tastier and make it easier for little ones to eat their veggies.
I am also sharing a delicious and quick vegetable marinade that can be used as a salad dressing as well, including Maille Honey Dijon Mustard. So easy and yummy!
1) Whisk all ingredients until blended and brush over vegetables. You can also use this marinade as a quick salad dressing. For more recipe ideas visit www.maille.ca
1) Whisk all ingredients until blended and brush over vegetables. You can also use this marinade as a quick salad dressing.
For more recipe ideas visit www.maille.ca
Maille’s Honey Dijon Mustard comes in two different formats, in a classic glass jar and a convenient plastic squeezable bottle, perfect for outdoors or on the go dining/BBQs. You can visit Maille.ca for a discount coupon to try Maille Honey Dijon Mustard.
For more tips, recipes and added nutritional information be sure to watch the following video from a nutritionist.
Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Maille. A product sample and/or compensation has been received for this review and all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.