St. Patrick’s Day this year is next Sunday March 17th. Coming up very soon! So get ready to celebrate and check out the following yummy “green” dessert for your family.
The following is a Mini Apple Pies recipe from eMeals founder and mother of four, Jane DeLaney. So delicious! We love apple pie!
- 7 Granny Apples½ cup of sugar
- ½ t cinnamon
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 Package of pre-made piecrust
- Confectioner’s sugar
- *Cut the tops off of 6 apples and discard the tops.
- *Very carefully remove the insides of the apple with a melon baller or a spoon.
- *Make sure you do not puncture the apple peel. Slice the apple pieces you removed from the inside of the apple into thin pieces. Place the apple pieces in a bowl and add sugar and cinnamon and mix thoroughly.
- *Place the mixture into the hollow apples. Roll out the piecrust and slice into ¼ inch strips. Cover the top of the apple with a lattice pattern with piecrust strips and brush on top with melted butter.
- *Place apples in a baking pan and add enough water to cover the bottom of the apples. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 350. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes until crust is golden brown and sliced apples are soft. Slice your leftover apple. Sprinkle the baked apple pie with Confectioner’s sugar and garnish with sliced apple.
Looking for more easy recipes and kitchen tips? Click here.