This surprisingly quick to make dish will provide all the nutrition you need to kick start your day (and your taste buds).
Plus eggs are filled with protein and vitamins, so good!
- corn tortilla
- can of refried beans
- dollop of Greek Yogurt
- shredded cheese or queso fresco
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- bunch of cilantro (de-stemmed)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeno (diced, optional)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
1. Make a simple fresh salsa by mixing the tomato, a bit of cilantro, red onion, jalapeno and vinegar in a small bowl and stirring to combine.
2. Heat a frying pan with a bit of oil on medium heat and then fry the tortilla until it is a bit crispy and golden on both sides (about 2 minutes) and then remove to plate.
3. Heat the refried beans in a small pot. You can add some diced jalapeno to make them spicier.
4. Crack an egg in the frying pan and fry it the way you like it.
5. Take some warm refried beans and spread them on the tortilla. Place your fried egg on top of the beans and then garnish with the fresh salsa, cilantro, cheese and some greek yogurt.