This is a game changer friends! Netflix members all over the world can now download Netflix series and films to their phones or tablets, at no extra cost. Now you can watch your favourite shows and films later without an internet connection.
Netflix on the go is perfect for when you are traveling, stuck in an airplane for hours or somewhere with no WiFi available. Below you’ll find step by step instructions on how you can start downloading now.
What you need
- iOS 8.0 or later
- Android 4.4.2 or later
- An Internet connection
- The latest version of the Netflix iOS or Netflix Android app
How to download
- Select the title you would like to download.
- On the description page, tap the download icon (For TV shows, the icon will appear next to each available episode)
- Once the title has completed downloading, you can access it from the My Downloads section of the app.
*At this time, Netflix will store downloads on SD cards only on devices where they are configured as the primary shared storage. Please check with your device manufacturer if you need assistance changing these settings.
Select download video quality
You can select the download video quality that best fits your needs. Standard quality is a slightly lower video quality that requires less storage space and takes less time to download. Higher quality requires more storage space and takes more time to download.
- From the Netflix app, tap the Menu icon
- Scroll down and tap App Settings.
- Under the Downloads heading, tap Video Quality.
- Select either Standard or Higher video quality.
How to watch
- To access titles you’ve already downloaded on your device, tap the Menu icon
- Choose My Downloads.
- Find your favourites, play and enjoy!
Many of your favorite streaming series like Orange is The New Black, Narcos and kid’s shows like Paw Patrol are already available for download, with more on the way, so there is plenty of content available for those times when you are offline.
Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Netflix and I am part of the StreatTeam, however all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.