Looking for an inexpensive Wi-Fi security camera for your home? The HD DCS-936L D-Link Camera is available for under $100, it is easy to use and it features a quick and simple set up. This camera is a great option to give you the peace of mind of keeping an eye on your pets or your home while you are away, all from your mobile device.
The DCS-936L provides wall-to-wall coverage from a small single device and crisp HD video during the day or night time, with 16ft automatic night vision. You can also set it up to receive notifications on your device whenever there is a sound or motion trigger with the free mydlink Lite app available for Apple, Android, and Windows Phones.
I love that the camera took a couple of minutes to set up. I really like that I can now log in whenever I want and check out what’s happening at home when I am out of the house. Perfect when we are traveling or away for a few days. I also like that there are no monthly cloud subscriptions or added costs when using the camera because I can set it up to auto record on a MicroSD card (up to 128GB).
The crisp 720p HD video is very impressive and it gives you a pretty clear view of what’s going on. You can see lots of details and clear faces as well.
Below are some important features.
- 20p HD Quality Video – Rich detail and crisp image quality
- Sound and Motion Detection – Push alert notifications when loud noises or movement is detected
- Local Recording – MicroSD/SDXC card slot for local recording based on event triggers, schedules or continuously
- Wi-Fi Signal LED – Locator LED guides you to the best camera placement within Wi-Fi range for reliable streaming and recording
- Night Vision – See up to 16 feet in complete darkness with built-in IR LEDs
- Remote Viewing – View on your iPhone, iPad, Android device or Windows phone with the mydlink Lite app
- Available online and in store at most major Canadian electronics retailers.
Thanks to the DCS-936L I can always be connected to home even when I am away. I love how easy to use and install it is and the easy to navigate interface of theD-Link app. I recommend this if you are looking for a simple way to have an HD Wi-Fi connected home monitoring system without spending hundreds of dollars.
Disclosure: I was given product for review consideration, this is however not a paid post and all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.