I have a confession to make. I learned how to cook and started making meals at home only after my first son was born, about eight years ago. Before that, I didn’t know how to cook, and my husband was the one cooking all of our meals.
And even though I have been cooking almost daily since then, I never felt like I was a good cook. I was making the same four “signature” dishes over and over and over again and stuck in a rut. I also dreaded meal planning. I was going to the grocery store almost daily because I was somehow running out of ingredients or didn’t have anything planned for dinner.
Enter Fresh Prep.
Fresh Prep is a meal kit delivery service that helps people in Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, and the Okanagan make delicious dinners in minutes, using their fresh, prepared recipe ingredients that are delivered weekly to your home. No meal planning, grocery shopping or ingredient prepping required. All you need to do is follow the recipe, cook your dinner and enjoy it.
I have been using Fresh Prep since last October, and I love how convenient it is not to have to worry about what I am making for dinner every night. There is no shopping required, and each meal is home-made with fresh ingredients. All cooked in under 30 minutes and many are even one-pot meals. It is so easy!
Using Fresh Prep has changed the way our family does dinners, for the better. Below I am sharing 5 Reasons Why Using Fresh Prep Has Given Me More Time To Spend With My Family.
- Cooking made fun: Since we started using Fresh Prep, I noticed that I enjoy cooking our meals. I used to see cooking as another job, a chore that had to be done. Now, I feel like I get to enjoy the moment when I am cooking. Often, the boys help out with cooking as they like looking at the recipe and checking out the photo of the meal we are making. Cooking is now fun at home, and we do a lot more cooking together.
- Dinner is ready fast: Since most of the meals we get from Fresh Prep are ready in about 30 minutes, dinner is usually prepared to be served fast, and we get to enjoy the rest of the evening together afterwards. I love that I don’t have to slave myself in the kitchen for hours to make a delicious meal. Besides, the meals I am making are meals I wouldn’t have known how to make or even attempt to make on my own. I wouldn’t have dreamed of making some of the roasts or quiches I’ve made for dinner, on my own, thanks to FreshPrep.
- Clean up is a breeze: Fresh Prep offers a lot of 1 pot meals, and that just means less cleaning. Since a lot of the ingredients are chopped and ready to be used, you also save the mess of using extra cutting boards, etc. I love that I don’t have to chop onions or garlic anymore!
- Less time spent meal planning: With Fresh Prep I am less worried about planning dinner, so I have more extra time, and I don’t have to spend an afternoon researching recipes and making grocery lists with what I need for the week. Since I don’t have to worry about all the planning, I can spend the extra time I get with my boys and my family. With Fresh Prep, you spend a few minutes picking your weekly recipes, and then you will receive all your ingredients and recipe cards in insulated cooler bags, all portioned and ready to cook.
- Less time shopping: Since we started using Fresh Prep, I am not running to the grocery store multiple times a week anymore and I am saving time and gas! I love having that extra time to focus on the boys and do more with them, instead of spending it shopping for dinner ingredients!
I have been impressed with some of the dishes I’ve made with Fresh Prep. I can now cook delicious roast dinners, and I even know how to make a basic quiche (see above). Doesn’t it look good!?
Fresh Prep pricing starts at $11 per plate, and they offer FREE delivery. If you are interested in trying it out for a week or more, feel free to use code: INFOSM18 for $33 off your first order. For more information, visit their website: Fresh Prep. You can skip any week or cancel at any time.
Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Fresh Prep. However, all views and opinions are my own.