This morning I spent some time online checking out the VH Sauces website and picking out my favorite sauce for our Sunday lunch meal. I decided to plan a Vegetarian Stir-Fry using their VH Szechwan Sauce as a cooking sauce. Stir-Frys are quick and easy to prepare and they taste great. Perfect for Sunday lunch!
I went to my local Superstore to pick up the ingredients while my son was taking his morning nap. I was able to go to the store and back and he was still sleeping! I love quick shopping trips. (Check out my Google+ album with photos detailing my shopping experience and how easy it was to find the VH Sauce I needed for my recipe)
Below is the recipe for the Vegetarian Stir-Fry Recipe I made for lunch. This is my own recipe but you can always change/add your own favorite ingredients, that’s the great thing about Stir-Frys.
This Stir-Fry was fast, easy to make and the VH Szechwan sauce was fantastic. The meal was a big success, my husband and I loved it and even our 22 month old enjoyed it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups of extra firm tofu, diced
- 1" of ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cups of mixed vegetables (frozen vegetables if you don't have fresh vegetables)
- 1/2 bottle of VH Szechwan Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Cook brown rice following the directions on the bag.
- In a large skillet on medium-high temperature, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and cook for one minute until soft. Stir in garlic and ginger, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in vegetables and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in Tofu and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add VH Szechwan Stir-Fry Sauce, mix well and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with a little bit of salt, pepper and a bit of soya sauce too if you wish.
- Serve over the brown rice.
VH Sauces on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VH or https://www.facebook.com/
VH Sauces Website: http://www.vhsauces.ca/en/
Looking for more easy recipes and kitchen tips at OneSmileyMonkey? Click here.
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All opinions are my own. #CBias