This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cricut. All opinions are 100% mine.
Are you looking for a quick and easy wall decor personalization project? Today I am sharing a bathroom wall decor project I made using my Cricut Joy machine. It took me less than 15 minutes to make it, and I love the way it looks in my bathroom.
I have been looking for the perfect artwork or decor for my main floor’s bathroom since we moved in two years ago, and I have had no luck finding something I loved. We love minimal, Scandinavian designs, and I knew the easiest thing was for me to make my own decor.
Enter the Cricut Joy. I ended up finding a random frame the size I wanted at my local dollar store, I covered the random quote with a thick cardstock that matched the colours in the room, and with the Joy’s help, I made the cutest minimalist squirrel decor for the room. I love the way it looks!
I got my Cricut Joy a few months ago, and I am obsessed. This super versatile little machine is perfect for helping you personalize your everyday projects. I love that I keep it on my desk, in my office, and it is always ready to be used whenever creativity sparks.
The Cricut Joy is also great if you are always planning your next DIY at home. You can easily move it from room to room and tackle that next project whenever you have a small chunk of free time.
Quick and Easy Bathroom Wall Decor with Cricut Joy
For this project, you will need a few basic items, and you will be using your smartphone with the Cricut Design app. You won’t need a computer or a printer for this!
What you’ll need
- Cricut Joy
- Cricut Joy Smart Vinyl Permanent (colour of choice)
- Cricut Joy Mat
- Cricut Scraper tool
- Open the Cricut Design Space app on your smartphone and enter the Canvas.
- Press “Add Image” and search for the image you would like to print, in my case, I searched squirrel.
- Adjust the size to match the size of your frame and project.
- Press “Make it” when ready.
- Select “On Mat” as the Load Type and press Continue.
- Select your Cricut Joy.
- Cut a piece of vinyl the size of the Cricut Joy Mat and attach it to the mat.
- Select material: Smart Vinyl- Permanent.
- Load the mat and press GO. The Cricut Joy will cut the design.
- Unload the mat and carefully unstick the vinyl from the mat with the scraper tool.
- Carefully attach the design to your frame/cardstock
- Put your artwork on the wall and admire.
Find the design you want and set it up in the canvas.
Cut the vinyl to fit the mat.
Attach the vinyl to the mat, text side down.
Load the mat.
Watch the Cricut Joy do its magic.
Carefully peel the vinyl design.
Attach it to the cardstock/frame
Love the final result. It took me less than 15 minutes!
Happy Crafting, friends!