Can you believe summer is just around the corner? Finally the sun is starting to shine around here and we are having less rainy days. Yay! The month of May is filled with excitement and holidays like Mother’s Day and Victoria Day long weekend. These are great opportunities to get together as a family and have fun.
This month, Disney Junior has some very exciting programming that I can’t wait to share with you. New episodes of Sofia the First, special shows and episodes just for Mother’a Day and the premier of the movie Tangled. So much fun!
· Sofia The First: New Episodes!
We love Sofia the First, it is such a magical and enchanting show. Something I really like about it is that there is always some sort of lesson that is taught in each episode; usually something relatable that we can discuss with our children.
Sofia the First’s brand new episodes will air starting on Sunday May 5 and 19 at 11:30am ET. The premier episode will feature Sofia finding out what being a true princess is all about when she is sidetracked on her way to an important Princess test at her school.
Then on Sunday, May 19 at 11:30am ET, the Sofia the First episode “Baileywick’s Day Off” will premiere! Baileywick’s day-off is frustrated by demands from Sofia, Amber and James until the royal siblings learn an important lesson in gratitude.
Gratitude can be sometimes tricky to teach but it’s something that must be reinforced with our children. I truly believe that if you start early and instill those values when they are young then it’s going to be a lot easier than when they are older. You can start with the small things like ensuring your little one says “Thank you” every time they get help or are given something.
· Mother’s Day on the Disney Junior Channel
Mother’s Day is on Sunday May 12th. Starting at 9am ET Disney Junior is celebrating our special day with some very special programming all morning long!
- 9am: Special Agent Oso: Eun-Kyung wants to make a handprint as a Mother’s Day gift for her Mom, but she doesn’t know how!
- 9:30am: Handy Manny:Manny gets a call from Mr. Lopart’s Mother to build a mantle for her fireplace. Mr. Lopart is disappointed that his mother didn’t call him so he follows along.
- 10:00am: Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Mama Hook Knows Best! When Captain Hook’s mother comes to visit, Captain Hook takes her on a treasure hunt. However, Mama Hook isn’t proud of her son when she finds out that Hook didn’t find the treasure on his own! In the end, Mama Hook presides over a pirate tea party with Captain Hook, his crew – and Jake and his crew!
- 10:30am: Jake and the Never Land Pirates (PREMIERE): The Mystery Pirate! When a mysterious masked pirate swipes Jake’s Sword and Captain Hook’s hook, Jake, Hook & their crews are set off on a wild chase. All are astounded to finally find out who the mystery pirate is… it’s MAMA HOOK! Turns out that she wanted to find a way to get her son James working together with the little sea pups in an effort to make him a better pirate!
- 11am: Doc McStuffins: When Doc is dancing with Lambie, she accidentally gets Lambie caught on Sir Kirby’s sword, and Lambie rips! Doc brings Lambie to Mom, and Mom agrees to take on the ‘surgery.’ With Doc as her assistant, Mom sews Lambie up.
· Tangled: Movie Premiere!
Tangled the movie will premier on Saturday, May 18 at 6pm ET. We are very excited about this one and we will be setting up our PVR so we don’t miss it! I love the story of Rapunzel and I am looking forward to watching this movie!
Exciting shows to look forward to this month! Stay tuned for more Disney Junior news and join the conversation by liking their Facebook page and following them on Twitter.
Disclosure: I’m part of the Disney Junior Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.