I was looking for fun sensory play activities to do with my toddler when I found a really cool idea on Growing a Jeweled Rose via Pinterest. I love Pinterest, it is jammed full of such easy and neat ideas.
I modified it a bit by using an old eye dropper instead of the spray bottles and by using food-coloring instead of watercolors but it’s essentially the same idea. Super easy set up and cleaning.
What you need:
- Small glass container or tub
- A couple of small cups
- Small eye dropper
- Baking Soda
The Set Up:
- Sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of a glass container or small tub
- Fill a couple of small cups with vinegar and food-colouring (I only had two colours but I recommend using 4+ different colours)
- Hand the eye dropper to your child and instruct them to drizzle vinegar onto the baking soda
- Watch them have fun with the bubbles and seeing the mix of the colours
So much fun! At the end we mixed both colours by pouring the vinegar inside the container. He played with that mixture for a while as well.
Baking soda and vinegar make excellent household cleaning solutions and they can also provide hours of entertainment for little ones.