New Year’s Eve is coming up in a few days, and with that, people all over the world are starting to think about their New Year’s Resolutions. Have you planned yours already?
Chances are, you make the same resolutions year after year and most likely don’t follow through. Sticking with life changes can be difficult, but it isn’t impossible.
Below we are sharing some tips to help you keep your New Year’s Resolutions this time around, it all starts with choosing those resolutions carefully. Keep reading to get started!
- Don’t rush: Take your time while writing your resolutions, don’t rush! Plan ahead and avoid writing them on New Year’s Eve. Keep a notebook with ideas and go back to it every other day to see if you can think of something new.
- Make a realistic plan: When writing your resolutions make attainable goals and think about making a realistic plan to help you follow through. The more details, the better.
- Make short-term goals: Try to make short-term goals that will be easier to reach. If you have a long-term goal, you can break it up into smaller short-term goals that won’t seem overwhelming.
- Talk to friends/family: Once you have narrowed down your resolutions be sure to share them with family and close friends, sharing with others and talking about your resolutions will make you accountable and help you keep your resolutions. Getting support and motivation from loved ones can also make a big difference.
- Don’t give up: It may seem hard to stick to your resolution but don’t give up! Be patient and persistent. New routines will turn into the habit after a few weeks of sticking to it.
- Reward yourself: If you have been sticking to your resolutions be sure to reward yourself. Feeling good about reaching a goal will help you keep at it.
Have you planned your New Year’s Resolutions already?