Holidays in our house are all about family and fun. I thought I’d share our top five go to active holiday adventures.
1. Snowshoeing – We load the kids up on our backs, pack a thermos of homemade hot chocolate and some freshly baked healthy cookies and head out on a snowshoe hike. It doesn’t need to be far, even just heading out for a mile feels great!
2. Cross Country Skiing – We have a chariot trailer on skis that my husband and I take turns dragging… it’s a great workout but not as hard as you’d think. You can rent a ski chariot at many cross country ski parks or rental shops.
3. Skating – This one is my daughters current favourite. I’d skip buying expensive equipment and get a CSA approved bike helmet and some cheese cutters unless you have older kids.
4. Tobogganing – We have very small children so we go on a very small hill. It’s still an awesome workout though, and usually race each other to the top (sometimes with head starts for little legs).
5. Christmas Light Walks – You can drag the kids in a sleigh or put them into packs depending on their age. This is a yearly thing for us and we usually start a few kilometres from the street where all the festivities are to get in some extra mileage.
Hope this post got you dreaming up some adventures that you could have with your family, maybe one will even become a beloved tradition!