Have you been wondering if your little one is ready to start eating solid foods? I have put together a list of signs that will help you determine if your baby is ready to start solids.
I used them to figure out when I was supposed to start solid foods with my son. Be sure to also ask your pediatrician if you are unsure or if you have any questions regarding the cons and pros of introducing solid foods.
Your baby might be ready to start solids when he/she:
- Is between 4-6 months of age
- Sits up with some support and holds head up unassisted
- Shows interest in your food when he/she sees you eating
- Can swallow food without pushing it out with his/her tongue (loss of tongue-thrust reflex)
- Has double her/his birth weight
- Lets you know when she/he is full
- Can grasp or hold toys and other objects
- Is willing to chew
4 Comments on “Top signs that your baby is ready to start eating solid foods”
What great tips! I knew my son was ready when he watched every move we made as we ate….hilarious!
I started feeding them solids at around 4 months old. They ate as if they’ve been eating for ages 🙂
There are all great tips as each baby is different
These are great tips for those mothers who are unsure, thanks for sharing.