Below you will find a couple of simple tips I put together to help you survive the cold and flu season this year. And as always, remember that prevention is the way to go!
1. Practice Frequent Hand Washing: Wash your hands multiple times a day with regular soap and lots of water. Washing your hands and your kid’s hands frequently throughout the day is the best way to limit exposure to germs, potential colds and the flu.
2. Eat a Healthy Diet: Eating a healthy and balanced diet is the key to maintaining your immune system so it’s working and ready to fight off infections. Eat dark leafy greens and lots of Vitamin C filled fruits and vegetables. Healthy eating makes a big difference.
3. Get Enough Sleep Every Night: Lack of sleep is known for decreasing immune function and leaving you susceptible to catching viruses. If your child sleeps through the night then make sure you go to bed at a reasonable time to get at least 8 hours of sleep. Your body needs the down time to get ready to fight infections.
4. Daily Exercise: Regular exercise helps boost your immune system. Schedule at least 30 minutes of physical activity per day. It can be as simple as putting your child in a stroller or carrier and going for a walk together. Fresh air is also fantastic for your health!
5. Get the Flu Shot: Get vaccinated. Did you know you can get your vaccination at your local Shoppers Drug Mart? We already got ours in October, and it took us only 10-15 minutes, with no appointment required.
Remember it is all about eating well, frequent hand washing, getting enough rest, staying fit and boosting your immune system! Hope you stay healthy this season!
Win it: One lucky Canadian reader (excluding Quebec) will win a cold and flu prize package, valued at $150 (CAD). The pack includes the following:
- Prize Pack Items:
- Life Brand Hand Sanitizer
- Cough Drops
- Vaporizing Cold Rub
- Electrolyte Maintenance Powder
- Disinfectant Wipes
- PC Chicken Noodle Soup
- PC Facial tissues
- PC Feeling Soothed Tea
- $100 Shoppers Drug Mart gift card
Enter to WIN via Rafflecopter below. Good Luck Everyone!
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. However all views and opinions expressed are my own.