March Break is just around the corner and keeping our little ones entertained during the break requires some creativity, especially on rainy days.
A few days ago I decided to make some fun photo puzzles with my son for him to use during his upcoming March break from school. He loves puzzles and a personalized one with our own photos will keep him busy and happy.
I felt that that using photos of our family would be extra appealing to him. I know that his Grandparents who live quite far away really appreciate that he is getting to see them in some creative and fun form of picture puzzle.
I decided to use craft sticks for the puzzles because they are easy to work with, cheap and they make really easy and safe puzzle pieces to play with. We used the smaller craft sticks because that’s all we had at home but you can use jumbo size sticks as well.
What we used:
- Colour Wood Craft Sticks, 6″ long/ (Jumbo size if you prefer)
- Adhesive Glue
- Cutting Mat (or an old thick magazine)
- Sharp knife
- Your favourite photos on your computer
- Photo Paper
- Colour Printer
The Easy Steps:
- We started our project by selecting our favourite family photos on my laptop.
- When we had our photos ready we printed them all wirelessly using our new HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer. All the photos were printed on 4″x6″ HP Photo Paper.
- Next we picked one of the printed photos, cropped it, turned it over and began placing the craft sticks on it with the glue.
- We used same colour sticks for each separate photo and left a bit of a gap in between sticks to easily fit the knife when cutting.
- We run the blade along the craft sticks to separate them and trimmed the ends.
- We repeated the steps above with the remainder of the photos and stored all the sticks in a reusable bag, ready to be played with at anytime.
The HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer is a photo printer that can print, copy, scan to e-mail, fax, access Web content via Wifi with the color touchscreen and ePrint straight from your devices.
We used the HP Photosmart 7520 to complete our project above and we love that we can print our photos wirelessly without having to connect our latptop to the printer!
Win it: Now thanks to HP Canada, one very lucky Canadian reader will also have a chance to create and share their own special family moments throughout the year with a brand new HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer ($200 value!). Enter the giveaway via Rafflecopter below and be sure to comment with your creative ideas to unlock the other entry options.
- Mandatory for Entry: Share one of your own unique creative project ideas that can be done using the HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer. (Comment below and be sure to mark “Done” in the mandatory entry field using the Rafflecopter form below)
Good Luck Everyone!
#SpringBreak #FunwithHP #GetCrafty
Disclosure: I received a sample of a product to facilitate this post. No other compensation was provided and all views and opinions stated on this post are 100% my own.