Summer is in full swing and little ones everywhere are enjoying the outdoors and a break from school. Unfortunately while on a break and away on vacation they may also fall out of a regular reading routine. For this reason Kobo wants to arm families with everything they need to make it easy and fun for them to keep it up.
Below they are sharing some wonderful tips for parents to have fun reading with their kids this summer plus a list of top children’s books. They are also giving away a prize pack worth $250 to one lucky OneSmileyMonkey reader, details after the tips.
Helpful Reading Tips:
- Let them choose:Part of the fun for kids is being able to pick what they’re going to read. Get them excited about new stories by allowing them to explore different authors and genres.
- Establish a routine: Carve out a set time every day to take a break with a book. Kids will come to anticipate this special activity and will look forward to your time together.
- Set goals and rewards: Motivate kids with treats for reaching reading milestones. Whether it’s purchasing the next installment in a beloved series or going to a live book event, they’ll be that much more excited to keep going.
- Recap the story: Once you finish a book together, talk about it! Revisit the major events, pictures and themes, and engage your child further by drawing parallels between the story and their life.
- Lead by example: Your kids are more likely to become passionate about reading if they see you doing it regularly. If you always have something to read on you, they’ll realize it’s a great way to pass the time.
Top Children’s Books
- Circus Mirandus, Cassie Beasley
- Sidekicked, John David Anderson
- Magyk, Angie Sage
- Only Ever Yours, Louise O’Neill
- Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs
What are your children’s favourite books?
Win it: One lucky Canadian reader will win a prize pack that will include a Kobo Glo HD (Kobo’s newest eReading device), a Kobo Glo HD SleepCover, a $50 Kobo gift card and a cute plush toy (total value approx. $250). Enter to win this fun giveaway below via Rafflecopter. Good Luck all!
I was gifted product as a thank you of posting, this is however not a paid post and all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.