It is here again! The dreaded cold and flu season is unfortunately back, and it is time to talk about prevention and ways to avoid getting sick.
To help you and your family survive the cold and flu season this year, we are sharing some tips below.
Hope you stay healthy this season!
How to Avoid Getting Sick During the Cold and Flu Season
1. Eat a Healthy Diet: Healthy eating is the key to a strong immune system. Be sure to eat lots of dark leafy greens, and lots of Vitamin C filled fruits and vegetables. Healthy eating really makes a difference.
2. Wash your Hands: Frequent hand washing is super important. Wash your hands multiple times a day with regular soap and lots of water. Teach your kids to wash their hands frequently throughout the day to limit exposure to germs, potential colds, and the flu.
3. Get Enough Sleep: Did you know that lack of sleep is known for decreasing immune function and leaving you susceptible to catching viruses? Go to bed at a reasonable time to get at least 8 hours of sleep. If your child is not sleeping through the night and you can take naps during the day, then take the extra naps when possible. Your body needs the down-time to get ready to fight infections.
4. Exercise: Exercising helps boost your immune system. Doing just 30 minutes of physical activity per day can help. It can be as simple as putting your child in a stroller or carrier and going for a walk around the neighborhood.
5. Get the Flu Shot: Don’t forget to get vaccinated. You can get your vaccination at your local Shoppers Drug Mart. It takes you a max of 10-15 minutes, and there is no appointment required. Our family got it done last weekend and we are now ready for the season.
Do you know of any other tips to help strengthen your immune system? What do you do to fight colds and the flu during this time of year?
Win it: One lucky Canadian reader will win a gift basket filled with products from Shoppers Drug Mart including:
- Life Brand Hand Sanitizer
- Life Brand Cough Drops
- Life Brand Vaporizing Cold Rub
- Life Brand Electrolyte Maintenance Powder
- Life Brand Vaporizer
- Life Brand Digital Thermometer
- No Name Disinfectant Wipes
- PC Chicken Noodle Soup
- PC Facial Tissues
- PC Feeling Soothed Tea
- $100 gift card
Gift Basket Value: $160
Enter to WIN via Rafflecopter below. Good Luck all!
Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Shoppers Drug Mart as part of the #ShoppersFlu campaign. However, all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.