When was the last time you went through your medicine cabinet to check for expired medication? I cleaned ours last weekend and was shocked with how many expired products we had. We are at the beginning of flu and cold season in Canada and getting hit with a nasty virus and being unprepared is the worse. Nobody wants to leave their house to get supplies when they are sick!
Below is a list of things you should have in your medicine cabinet. Remember most things expire, so check those expiration dates if you haven’t in a while.
- Pain relievers for adults and children: To help with fever, aches and pains caused by the flu.
- Throat lozenges: To help soothe a sore throat.
- Vapour Rub for Kids and Adults: I also use it to help relieve cough symptoms at night. I love they have a “Kids” version as well.
- Vaporizer: To ease congestion since cough suppressants and decongestants are no longer recommended for children.
- Electrolyte Powder: You can freeze the mixture to make popsicles. These help prevent dehydration and the kids love them when they are sick or have sore throats.
- Antibacterial wipes: To wipe down common surfaces like light switches, door handles and remote controls. Using those and constant hand washing is the best way to avoid passing the virus to everyone else.
We are also getting our flu shot at our local Shopper’s Drug Mart this weekend. We all get it every year as both of our children have asthma and they are more prone of getting respiratory infections than others. Getting the flu vaccine, hand washing, healthy eating and exercising can help you stay healthy and recover faster during the cold and dreary months!
What’s your must have product you always have at home to prepare for cold/flu season?
Twitter Party: Be sure to join the upcoming #ShoppersFluShot Twitter party on Thursday, Nov 17th at 1:00pm EST to win flu prevention prizes and learn more about the Flus shot. We’ll be there!
Win it: One lucky Canadian reader will win a prize pack from Shopper’s Drug Mart (Value: $150) Enter to WIN via Rafflecopter below. Good Luck!
Prize Pack Items:
- Life Brand Hand Sanitizer
- Cough Drops
- Vaporizing Cold Rub
- Electrolyte Maintenance Powder
- Disinfectant Wipes
- PC chicken noodle soup
- PC facial tissues
- PC Feeling Soothed Tea
- $100 gift card
Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Shopper’s Drug Mart. A product sample and/or compensation has been received for this review and all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.