I love Nanaimo Bars and I was super excited to received a special package from Van Houtte with a Nanaimo Bar recipe and all the ingredients to make my own at home. Their recipe includes their Van Houtte Holiday Blend and Holiday Spice Latte, bringing a creative touch to the traditional recipe.
I had lots of fun making them with my little ones and they are so yummy! The full recipe is below.
1. Lightly oil an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan and line with plastic wrap.
2. With a fork, mix all dry ingredients for the crust.
Add the butter and coffee. Mix well until a homogenous mixture is obtained.
3. Press the mixture in the bottom of the pan to form a uniform layer. Refrigerate.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat all coffee filling ingredients at medium speed.
5. Pour this mixture over the crust and level with a spoon. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
6. In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt the chocolate and the butter.
7. Pour the chocolate over the coffee filling.
8. Refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting into 16 squares.
The Van Houtte’s Holiday Blend offers woody, spicy notes and a rich aroma. With a heavenly cinnamon scent, Holiday Spice Latte evokes buttery notes and ends with a subtle hint of vanilla. Both are available for a limited time in stores and online at vanhoutte.com and would make great stocking stuffers.
Have you tried Nanaimo Bars before? They are so good! Visit vanhoutte.com, where you’ll find other classic recipes revisited and more info on their coffees.
Win it: One lucky Canadian reader will win a ready-to-cook gift pack, including Van Houtte holiday merchandise and a Keurig coffee maker. Enter to WIN the giveaway via Rafflecopter below. Good Luck friends!
Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Van Houtte. A product sample and/or compensation has been received for this review and all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.