The Mini Kickboard Scooter from Micro Mobility is a high quality scooter designed for young children ages 3 to 5. This unique scooter offers a ‘lean-and-steer’ design that allows little ones to easily direct the scooter by using their body weight to curve from side to side.
This scooter is designed to put riders in control as they enjoy the feeling of ‘surfing the sidewalks’.
We received a mini kickboard scooter to try out but our 2-year-old was a bit too young to try it out safely. We ended up having our neighboor’s 4-year-old son try it out for a week.
The first thing I noticed when he went for his first ride in the scooter was that the deck was low-to-the-ground and it fit his two feet perfectly. He was able to hop on and off and push with his feet easily. He was also riding comfortably and safely within a few minutes of trying it for the first time. He really enjoyed the smooth ride and how easy it was to control the steering column.
I like that the deck is made of soft plastic and the wheels are made of polyurethane for a guaranteed smooth ride. The rear “spoon” brake is also easy to use and provides extra control for little riders.
Something that I like is that the scooter is light and easy to transport and the aluminum steering column is detachable, making it easy to store it when not in use.
In general the mini kickboard is very stable and it helps children develop their balance, coordination and motor skills while having fun at the same time. I can’t wait until our son is able to use it safely, he is going to have so much fun!
Be sure to visit www.kickboard.ca for more information on the mini kick scooter and some of the other scooters they offer for older children and adults. And don’t forget to have a helmet ready for your little one while you wait for the arrival of the scooter. They are going to want to ride it as soon as it arrives!
- Ages: 3-5
- Weight Limit: The mini kickboard is constructed with a weight recommendation of 27 kg. Please note, hoever, that the scooter displays a weight limit of 20kg. The reason for the discrepancy is that European standards dictate that weights are approved and displayed only in increments of 10kg, so the next available weight category of 30 kg, would have put the displayed recommended weight limit OVER its actual recommendation of 27 kg.
- Weight: 1.5 kgT-bar height: 61 cm from standing deck to the top of the T-bar handles (not adjustable)
- Length/Width of scooter: 53 cm long x 11.5 cm wide
- Length/Width of standing deck: 30 cm long x 11.5 cm wide
- Front Wheels: 12 cm diameter, spread 20 cm apart for stability
- Back Wheel: 8.5 cm diameter
- Handle bar: 25 cm across, covered with thick, soft and durable rubber grips
Buy it: Purchase your own Mini Kickboard Scooter online now for $99.99 CDN
Win it: One lucky CAN reader will win a Mini Kickboard Scooter (colour of choice). Enter to win now via Rafflecopter below. Good Luck Everyone!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received a sample of a product to facilitate this post. No other compensation was provided and all views and opinions stated on this post are 100% my own.