I love educational learning-based toys for children. Making learning engaging and fun for little ones is key, and there are some wonderful toys available in the market that do just that.
Since I am always on the hunt for cool S.T.E.A.M. toys, I was super excited to receive a box with some educational toys to play with. My 6-year-old and I spent a fun day testing all of the toys and experiments, and below I am sharing our top picks. SO much fun!
Toys“R”Us stores across Canada are inviting children to participate in the Toys“R”Us Wonder Event, on Saturday, August 19 (11 a.m. – 1 p.m) to celebrate back to school and explore some fun learning-based toys. See below some more details.
1. Cra-Z-Slimy Deluxe Set: You can make your own Crazy Slime with this kit! The kit includes everything you need to create your own Glow, Glitter and Neon coloured Slime. All with simple, easy to follow instructions and with NO borax.
2. KidszLabs Kitchen Science: This fun kit contains six specially designed kitchen science experiments. You can generate electricity by using a fork and lemon and light up a bulb. Launch a rocket fuelled by baking soda and vinegar (the boy’s favourite!), build a table-top volcano which erupts with bubbly lava….and MORE!
3. Gyroscopes & Flywheels: Gyroscopic force is a fascinating! With the small, fast-spinning gyroscope in this kit, you can build models and perform experiments that appear to defy the force of gravity by balancing and standing upright when common sense would tell you they should fall over. You can assemble a cool robot that can zoom along a thin rail on two inline wheels without falling down. The kit contains a 32-page, full-color manual with illustrated step-by-step instructions.
4. Insta-Snow: Insta-Snow turns ordinary water into a fun white fluffy substance that looks like real snow in seconds! It’s a safe, non-hazardous material that acts like microscopic sponges to create an amazing, erupting experience. No stirring – no mixing – no messing around and so much fun to make “snow” during the summer!
5. Scientific Explorer Electricity Kit Mini Lab: This mini lab will teach your “junior electrician” about electricity by safely experimenting with conductors, a real working circuit board, wires, light bulbs and more for high-voltage excitement. A safe, educational kit that requires (4) “AA” alkaline batteries (not included) and includes a 48-page instruction booklet with over 10 experiments to learn about electricity, series, parallel and short circuits, switches, voltage, current, resistance and other concepts important for electricians and those working with electrical appliances. Fun for hours!
Join the Toys“R”Us Wonder Event in your area!
To celebrate the back to school season, Toys“R”Us stores across Canada are inviting children to participate in the Toys“R”Us Wonder Event, on Saturday, August 19 (11 a.m. – 1 p.m.). There will be S.T.E.A.M. toy demonstrations, from making slime and learning about electricity to exploring cool robotics. Kids will also get to take part in an in-store scavenger hunt to win a free magnifying glass and giveaways from Magformers (while supplies last, specific activities vary by store).
AS PART OF THE INTERACTIVE FUN, KIDS CAN:
• learn to make their own slime or grow snow in the summer
• discover the science behind electricity
• explore cool robotics
• experience the thrill of building
To learn more about the event visit the Toys“R”Us Wonder Event page here. I hope we inspired you to mark your calendars and attend the fun and educational event at your local store on Saturday. Happy Back to School Season!
Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Toys”R”Us. However, all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.