Car seat safety is one of the most important things new parents have to learn, with so many different car seats in the market it can all get pretty confusing and more often than not parents are unsure of how to properly install their child’s car seat. Bellow are some general car seat usage tips that will help you get it done right!
- Always read the manual: Each car seat is different, even if you have installed other car seats in the past you must read the car seat instructions and vehicle owner’s manual carefuly to find the correct way to install it.
- Ensure the restraint you are using is appropriate: There may be many seating positions in a vehicle but not all may be suitable for installing a child restraint. Check the child restraint for a secure installation, make sure there is less than 1 inch (25 mm) of movement when when pulling forward and side-to-side at the vehicle belt path.
- Check the car seat’s expiration date: Yes, car seats have expiration dates. It is recommended to not use a car seat over six years old. Old car seats may have been damaged in collisions or by extensive use, sometimes parts, labels and instructions may be also missing and materials may weaken.
- Register your car seat after purchasing: Always register your car seat, registering the car seat allows manufacturer to notify you of any safety issues, recalls or other safety concerns that may arise in the future.
- Never use a car seat that was in an accident: It may have sustained hidden damage that could cause it to fail in another emergency.
In the market for a new car seat?
Be sure to check out the Platinum Protection Series of car seats by Evenflo. All of Evenflo’s car seats are rigorously tested to ensure they are safe, durable and comfortable. Evenflo works tiressly with safety focused organization like Cincinnati Children’s Hospital to provide education and car seat training so new parents can get off to a safe start.
The Evenflo Platinum Symphony™ DLX All-In-One Car Seat allows children to rear-face up to 40lbs and 37 inches. and has won the National Parenting Publication Awards Gold Prize Winner for its innovation, usefulness to consumers, and high quality. It also offers e3 Side Impact™ Protection that significantly reduces side impact crash forces up to 50%. through an expanded zone of protection and 3 layers of superior protection.
Visit their website for more information and to learn more about their Platinum Protection Series car seats.
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Evenflo. All views and opinions stated on this post are 100% my own.