Our 4-year-old is near the end of the ten month Yamaha piano program at the Tom Lee Music Learning Centre in downtown Vancouver. We have seen a lot of improvement and we are very proud of his accomplishments. We actually ended up signing up for year two of lessons and we are excited about the future!
This month I wanted to put together a post with some of our top reasons why we love that our son is taking piano lessons:
- You just can’t help but admire someone playing an instrument, especially when that someone is your child. The feeling of seeing your little one playing a beautiful song is underscribable, sometimes it brings tears to my eyes!
- I love seeing his little face when he masters a song after working on daily practice. He is learning about hard work and the rewards of his dedication.
- Practicing the piano keeps his brain active and it is good for his motor skills, making his little fingers stronger as well.
- Piano playing is fun. He now practices multiple times a day and LOVES playing songs for friends and family.
- I take him to his piano lessons every week and we spend all the practice time together, we bond over playing and practicing piano and I love that the piano is our thing.
Thinking about signing your child up for piano lessons? Consider the amazing benefits of playing the piano!
Disclosure – I am participating in the Yamaha Music Canada Brand Ambassador program on behalf with Mom Central Canada. I received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion. The opinions on this blog are my own.