Motherhood can be lonely at times so having good girlfriends and more specifically mom girlfriends makes all the difference. Here’s a list of 10 Signs You Have Found The Perfect “Mom Friend”, if you have be sure to appreciate her because you are a very lucky mommy!
- You can send her a text at 4 a.m. and know you will get a reply because she is probably awake nursing/feeding her baby too, your texts include terms like TTC, EBF, DS, DH, DD, CD, VBAC, WAHM, WOHM, NAK, EDD, AP and AIO.
- After a long rough night with the kids she can come over and understand why you are still wearing pijamas and your house is a total mess.
- You can both breastfeed/feed your babies at the same time while sitting on the couch having a long conversation about any topic.
- She gives you a limited edition AIO cloth diaper as your birthday present and you absolutely love it.
- When your baby is sick you text her photos of your child’s latest stool samples and she sends you a link to a KellyMom post that explains green stools with lots of detail.
- When you go to each other’s places for playdates you greet each other with coffee/tea.
- You can freely talk about your frustrations without feeling judged and you both celebrate when one/both of your babies sleep through the night, even when it is just that ONE nigh!
- You admire each other’s cloth diaper stashes and text each other when a new cute print goes on sale.
- Your children play happily together most of the time and they generally enjoy each other’s company.
- She is there for you when you need her and you are there for her too. Aren’t you a lucky ducky?!
But most importantly YOU will KNOW when you find her! Real friends are a treasure!
What qualities does YOUR perfect mom friend have?
12 Comments on “10 Signs You Have Found The Perfect “Mom Friend””
Love it! My best friend is also a mommy 🙂
My best friend and I both got pregnant on the same year without planning it. It has been a blessing to have a friend who is going through the same stuff after becoming a mom. I know how lucky I am to have her 🙂
I was pretty alone during that time in my life I am afraid and still dont have a lot of friends due to a disability. I am envious of people who have Mom friends.
I also have a disability and its hard when you cant do what others are doing
Excellent article, i also like ! http://ow.ly/HlCDH
A good friend is a priceless gift. She is one to whom you can confide your hopes and fears and you do the same for her-No judging involved in either. I have been blessed in having two or three of these wonderful people.
I found mine when the oldest one entered school – she is honest, funny and understands every silly/crazy/stupid/hysterical word out of my head… And I understand hers – been there… probably do that tomorrow.
Haha I love this list! I definitely have a perfect mom friend!
Best friends are a blessing,mine is a mommy too
Your list is so true
I know i definitely have the perfect mom friend,one you casn always count on
Good friends are precious and need to be cultivated whether it’s a mom friend or just a girl friend. I left my home country when I was 21, leaving many good friends behind. In those days it was writing letters to each other that was so important. Now I use the internet more to stay in touch and I’ve noticed that as I get older there is less exciting stuff to tell them. 🙁