Sometimes, even when you do everything right, you or somebody in your family still gets sick! Your kids may have brought a bug home from school or you picked up something while sweating it out at the gym, but regardless it’s nearly impossible to protect yourself at every intersection of your life.
For those times when we do succumb to sickness, it’s important to remember to keep germs to ourselves so we don’t continue the never-ending circle-of-sickness.
Below are some simple “sick-etiquette” tips to ensure that even if you do get sick you won’t be passing the virus to everyone around.
- If you are sick stay home! If you have a bad cold or the flu please stay home, if possible take the day off work and keep sick little ones at home. Try to take the time to off to recover, your body surely needs it!
- Wash your hands constantly: Keep washing your hands, especially after blowing your nose or touching your mouth/nose.
- Disinfect your desk: Use disinfecting wipes to keep your desk/work area clean from germs.
- Discard dirty tissues: Don’t leave dirty tissues lying around, they are gross and can spread your cold.
- Get a flu vaccine: Get vaccinated, prevention is key! You can get your vaccination at your local Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy, so easy.
Win it: One lucky Canadian reader (excluding Quebec) will win a cold and flu prize package, valued at $150 (CAD). The pack includes the following:
- $100 Shoppers Drug Mart Gift Card
- Life Brand Vapourizing Colds Rub (57g)
- Life Brand Cough Drop SF Menthol
- Life Brand Elect Maint Powder Orange
- Life Brand Elect Maint Powder Apple Black Currant
- Life Brand Facial Pocket Pack (3 ply)
- Life Brand Hand Sanitizer
- Life Brand Vaporizer with 5 pads
- President’s Choice Soothed Tea – Peppermint, Ginger & Fennel
- President’s Choice Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
Enter to WIN via Rafflecopter below. Good Luck Everyone!
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post, however all views and opinions expressed are my own.