The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit dedicated to conserving biodiversity and enhancing sustainable livelihoods.
While at the grocery store, you may have seen the little green frog seal on packages of tea, coffee, or chocolates. That little green frog seal means those products are made using ingredients for Rainforest Alliance Certified™ farms—farms that make social and environmental concerns a top priority. Choosing products with the frog seal is a small action that can have huge impacts on the lives of farmers and the surrounding ecosystems.
I was sent a selection of products with the Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal to try and I loved learning about them and the fact that they are helping build a more sustainable planet by conserving biodiversity and transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behaviour.
- A bar of Salazon Chocolates Organic Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, made with Rainforest Alliance Certified cocoa
- Republic of Tea Mango Coconut Water Iced Tea, made with Rainforest Alliance Certified tea (processed in a facility that also processes tree nuts)
- An Aloha Bay candle, made with Rainforest Alliance Certified palm wax
- A bar of Toms of Maine soap, made with Rainforest Alliance Certified palm oil
- A Bixby Birdie Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut, Current, and Maine Sea Salt bar, made with Rainforest Alliance Certified cocoa