The days are getting colder and colder and we have to start preparing for the winter now. Winterizing your vehicle for safer winter driving is an important task that can’t be forgotten.
Below, with the help of Hyundai Canada, we are sharing some winter driving tips and reminders that will help you stay safe during the harsh winter months.
Tips To Help you Prepare for Winter Driving
- Winter Tires: Make an appointment now to get your tires switched to winter tires or consider purchasing winter tires. Winter tires provide greater traction when the temperature drop.
- Don’t Rush: Leave the house with plenty of time to drive smoothly and slowly during the winter. Avoid making any abrupt turns or stops when driving. Doing so can cause your vehicle to lose control and skid.
- Use Your Headlights: With snowy, darker days, keeping your headlights on during the day will help increase visibility to other motorists and people.
- Don’t Use Cruise Control: Very important, never use cruise control if conditions are snowy, icy, or wet. Cruise control is best used on clear roads.
- Check your First Aid Kit: Ensure you have booster cables, a headlamp, fleece blanket, hats, knit gloves and hand warmers in your vehicle before the winter starts. If you are ever stranded and have to wait for help, having the proper equipment to stay warm while you wait can save your life.
Win it: One lucky Canadian reader will WIN a winter safety kit ($50 value!) to help them prepare for the winter. Including booster cables, headlamp, fleece blanket, hats, knit gloves and hand warmers. Share your personal winter car safety essential item below and enter via Rafflecopter.
Disclosure: This is a partnered post with Hyundai Canada. However, all opinions and views on this post are 100% my own.